Spring is enjoying the most magnificent welcome at the Chicago Flower & Garden Show, now through March 17 at Navy Pier! “The Art of Gardening” brings to life the beautiful connections between fine art, fresh flora,l and great gardens. This is gardening Chicago-style, so look for more raised beds, vertical plantings, and insightful ideas for creative ways to celebrate Midwest plants in four seasons.
The show is brimming with ideas and displays that are wowing visitors of all abilities and ages. Here are just a few of our fave raves:
- I feel like I’ve stepped into ‘The Wizard of Oz!
- I would actually eat breakfast if my table looked like this!
- My camera’s full! Honey, would you shoot that?
- Eye spy with my little eye…
- My parents had a victory garden, but it wasn’t as attractive as this one.
- I couldn’t even imagine tulips came in so many colors. Spectacular!
- I’ve been growing perennials since 1978, but I’ve never seen this…
- I think I might actually be able to grow something this year.
- How in the world did they do that?
- This is the best show yet!
The 2013 Chicago Flower & Garden Show features a full line-up of sensational seminar speakers, delicious “Garden Gourmet” cooking demonstrations, more than 20 magnificent display gardens, and a “Marketplace” brimming with the latest, must-have garden gadgets.
Show tickets are only $5 each for children ages 4-12. To get $2 off the box office price for each adult ticket purchased, click here. Show parking starts as low as $10 at the Navy Pier East and West garages. Click here for public transportation options to Navy Pier. See you at the show!